The 5th Italian School on Magnetism has been focused on basic principles of magnetism and magnetics thorough a broad series of fundamental lectures, while offering the latest insights into up-to-date aspects of magnetism and applications of magnetic materials. The School was addressed to Italian and foreigner graduate and PhD students, as well as to post-doc and young researchers.
The 5th edition was organized by the Nanostructured Magnetic Materials group, nM2-Lab (Istituto di Struttura della Materia – CNR and DCCI – University of Genova) and took place on February 3th – 7th, 2020 at the Santa Maria delle Fornaci Hotel, in the heart of Rome and just a few steps from St Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican City.
Organizers: Nanostructured Magnetic Materials group, nM2-Lab (Istituto di Struttura della Materia – CNR and DCCI – University of Genova)
Official website: https://sites.google.com/view/aimagn-school-2020/
- Basic Aspects of Magnetism (Static and Dynamical properties, Theoretical models)
- Molecular Magnetism
- Nanomagnetism (Nanoparticles, Films, Surfaces and Interfaces)
- Functional magnetic materials
- Main experimental techniques and large scale facilities
- Applications (Sensors and devices, Energy, Information Storage, Biomedicine)