Announcement from members of the community
We would like to bring to your attention the Minicolloquium “Curvilinear condensed matter” that we have a pleasure to organize at the upcoming 30th general conference of the Condensed Matter Division of the EPS, which will be held in Milan (Italy) on September 4-8, 2023, jointly organized with FisMat, the biennial conference of the Italian community of condensed matter physics, optics, liquids and soft matter (https://eventi.cnism.it/cmd30-fismat).
The Minicolloquium aims to bring together experts in a broad range of disciplines in condensed matter, namely magnetism, semiconductors, superconductors, and 2D materials, where the geometric shape of (nano)objects plays a fundamental role in governing physical responses to magnetic and electric fields. Furthermore, we deliberately bring experts on the topic of soft matter with the aim to reveal similarities and differences in the fundamental properties of soft and hard condensed matter systems.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to May 1th, 2023. For further information, please visit the conference website at https://eventi.cnism.it/cmd30-fismat/submission_form
The invited speakers who have accepted to join the Minicolloquium are the following.
- Cristina Bran (Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid)
- Amalio Fernández-Pacheco (University of Zaragoza)
- Paola Gentile (University of Salerno)
- Oleksandr Dobrovolskiy (University of Vienna)
- Masimiliano Stengel (Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona)
- Ivan Vera Marun (University of Manchester)
Topological insulators and semiconductors:
- Klaus Richter (University of Regensburg)
- Vladimir Fomin (Leibniz IFW Dresden)
We would like to ask you to circulate this announcement to all those who may be interested in the Minicolloquium.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the conference.
Gaspare Varvaro, Carmine Ortix, Denis D. Sheka, and Denys Makarov